(Introduction by raddle.me user r4tch3t: Hello! I'm doing this as a bit of a "because I can". I figured if this website is gonna stay alive, we need to have at least something tangible that can be provided to users. This is my mission here: Mirror a very comprehensive piracy guide on a website that doesn't have the feds all up in the administration building. Enjoy the extra layer of privacy! This will be posted unfinished, but will be updated/edited when I find the time.)
Make sure your adblocker is on before visiting any of the linked websites. uBlock Origin is recommended (See the
Tools page below).
List of related and alternative subreddits, either centered around piracy or around technologies that tie in with piracy
Activation tools, useful applications, userscripts, download managers and helpers/tools and other miscellaneous
Apps and resources for Android and iOS
Sites for downloading games and ROMs
Sites for streaming and downloading/torrenting Movies & TV and Sports
Sites for obtaining popular cracked software
Books, comics, manga, magazines, courses & tutorials
Sites & apps for downloading music, video game soundtracks/scores
General-purpose torrent sites. Torrent search engines/aggregators/DHT crawlers are listed to search within as many publicly listed torrents as possible to find rare content that cannot be found in any of the trackers listed in the above categories.
When using torrent search engines/DHT crawlers, they will list as many publicly available torrents as possible, unfiltered and unfettered in regards to viruses. Never use thse to search for software, but when searching for other media types, take some preliminary measures to avoid running malware.
Alternative piracy resources compilations
Notes on software and sites to avoid:
- Try to avoid the pirate bay if you can (for software/games), it is filled to the brim with malware torrents. Skulled users are not trustworthy either.
- You can still use The Pirate Bay safely when searching for other media types (video, audio, etc.) if you follow some basic steps.
- uTorrent has bundled malware (a bitcoin miner) into the software in the past. The company developing this software is not trustworthy. Bittorrent (the torrent client) is owned by the same company.
- Bitlord (torrent client) is malware.
- Soda Stream is malware.
- Sidify/Allavsoft are scams - They are not able to download from spotify in any way, and instead record the streams or download from alternative platforms, like youtube.
- Peerblock is garbage and placebo software. Peerblock's blocklists are not accurate in any way and is not able to discern between the IP of a normal user and that of a copyright troll.
Credits to reddit user /u/Klappa4Me for doing a lot of the heavy lifting.