GidimtenSolidarity OP wrote

People are feeling displaced, violated, and pushed aside. The police continue to blockade Wetsuwet'en from living on their own territory and control access to Unist'ot'en.

There are multiple funerals happening at this time, and this is a time of immense grieving. It is a bad omen for the Wetsuwet'en to not stop and grieve, so they have struck a temporary standing down because they cannot fight during this time. This is how the canadian government has always been, they strike during funerals.


GidimtenSolidarity OP wrote

The coverage focuses on this idea that the hereditary chiefs are divided, and then use 3 year old footage of a Haisla elected band council member talking about how the pipeline is good for jobs. The Haisla have nothing to do with this territory. They couldn't find a chief of the Wet'suwet'en territory that was divided to say anything on the news because they aren't divided in this territory. Both Unist'ot'en and Gidimt'en people do not want a pipeline to destroy the land they depend on, and are using to heal their people.

More propaganda might include the idea that it's just "natural gas" but I have spoken to people working on the pipeline, and they even say that it is being built to a standard for moving oil. So even if it is used for "natural gas" at first, it should be expected to switch at one point.

The RCMP claim that they are not blockading any longer, but they continue to blockade and prevent people from returning to their home there in Gidimt'en territory.

For news directly from the source, check this website.


GidimtenSolidarity OP wrote

Many of us are tired but relieved to be out of jail. The women in the holding cell and jail were treated terribly and weren't allowed to sleep, weren't given much food, and no blankets or matresses, locked in cold rooms for a long period and dragged into court with a complete disorientation process.

Personally I'm exhausted and court was really odd and disorienting. They woke us up at 7 AM in a holding cell and rushed us to the court house, but we didn't even know it was a court house until we were escorted in a room with a judge on a tv from vancouver, and packed court room. We were forced to wait because they had to have a room that had a red carpet.

Transcanada got reamed by the judge apparently just before we appeared and he stormed out. I hear it was a complete mess, but don't really know the details of the case.

Since then I heard that Trans Canada is now changing their name to "TC Energy", so that's interesting timing.


GidimtenSolidarity OP wrote

The hereditary chiefs of the territories are in grieving, and during the time of the funeral, the camp was raided by murderous police. The violence the rcmp was showing was a willingness to hurt and gore through any human blockade. They showed no slowing down.