edit: check out /f/readingclub
I have been delaying this for a while, but pretty much I think having a reading club for leftist literature would be very helpful in motivating me and others to read more. I would imagine this would work through a forum like /f/reading or /f/readingclub, and it'd be up to us to decide collectively what we wanna read each week.
some things to consider:
- there is a disparity between how well read people are so i imagine that we would want to have a rotation between important foundational texts and more nuanced and contemporary works (i.e. consulting a whole variety of works to intrest everyone)
- some books are very long, it is suggested that zine-sized stuff wold be best if read weekly, consider that: the communist manifesto would take 40 minutes, The Conquest of Bread would take 3 hours, desert would take 1h30, etc.
- the books/papers should be avaliable easily online, e.g. through theanarchistlibrary or marxists.org, and preferably have audiobooks attached (except this is limited to big foundational texts)
- what books/papers do you want to read?
- what should the rotation time be like? 1 week? Dynamic based on the book?
- how long is too long?
- is this a good idea?