...and I've no idea what the likelihood is that it's benefited me or not.
From age 19 to 25 I travelled, worked on farm-stays, took odd unskilled jobs and joined lots of anarchist projects and campaigns. Most of my time was spent outdoors in rural areas, sometimes literally up a tree building a treehouse.
But the last 5 years I've been completely stationary, still living rurally in a village, working unskilled jobs and going out hiking with the dog, but devoting lots of time to being online, going from one hobby project to another:
- My Video Essays, Editing & Mirrors – Philosophy, politics, veganism, comedy, film & music
- My Writing – Personal growth, politics & philosophy
- My Editing
- Captain Hotknives Sleeve Notes Zine – Working class comedy
- The Unfinished Autobiography of Aileen Wuornos – Hippie sub-culture, sex work & abuse
- Ted Kaczynski Book Projects – Terrorism, political philosophy & recent history
- My Cataloguing
- The Radical Zine Library
- Leftist / Vegan Community Directories
- Anarchist Media Archive
- Vegan Video Resource Library
- Community Discord Directory
- Comedy Archive
- Leftist Debates & Discussions
- Master lists of anarchist & vegan sub-reddits
- Sortable table of languages by number of speakers
- Sortable table of music genres
- My Other Projects
- UK Travel Master List of Resources; Free/cheap things to do and campaigns to help – Human geography research & map building
- List of UK campaign groups & how to keep their information updated – Political movement research
- Freegle – Map building & rule drafting
- Leftist / Vegan YouTube Analytics – Research & website building
- Library Information Exchange
- Philosophical Vegan Wiki
- Musical tribute call out
I'm not sure what the future holds, I know I want to cycle tour soon around a good length of the UK.
I would probably most enjoy doing a philosophy degree, but I also know that I can enjoy learning philosophy at my own leisure over a lifetime, so I probably want to do something like a psychology degree to then specialize in publishing papers debating ideas like in what way we learn to use folk psychological concepts.
Although I also don't know if I could really enjoy that life, I just know that I'm terrible at narrowing down my interests which is probably fairly obvious.
Finally here's my best attempt at a short list of what skilled careers I could maybe see myself doing:
- Publishing Papers, Writing Articles & Books, Making Video Essays, Documentaries &/or Indy Films
- Campaign Organising
- Freelance Academic Researcher
- Library or Museum Work
So yeah feel free to AMA.