UPDATE: This has now been moved to /w/Piracy! Thanks to /u/Tequila_Wolf for letting me know this was an option, and thanks to /u/pavlichenko for letting me know about a few tools that have been removed.
(Introduction by raddle.me user r4tch3t: Hello! I'm doing this as a bit of a "because I can". I figured if this website is gonna stay alive, we need to have at least something tangible that can be provided to users. This is my mission here: Mirror a very comprehensive piracy guide on a website that doesn't have the feds all up in the administration building. Enjoy the extra layer of privacy! This will be posted unfinished, but will be updated/edited when I find the time.)
Popular VPN services aggressively market themselves on Reddit. Do not subscribe to a service just because Reddit deems it popular, cheap, or because it hits the front page. You are entrusting an entity with your personal data; do your own research. Keep in mind that VPN experiences are completely anecdotal. Someone's experience with a particular VPN may vary from location, servers, operating systems, downloads speeds, etc...
With that said, below are some resources with which you may begin your research. Most if not all popular VPNs offer trials and/or immediate refunds. Use them to your advantage in your quest to find a VPN that works best for you. Don't forget to also read their ToS!
[Choosing the best VPN for you][[Reddit thread, will rehost soon]]
[/r/VPN/wiki/index][[Reddit thread, will rehost soon]]
[/r/Privacy/wiki/index][[Reddit thread, will rehost soon]]
Beware of free VPNs if you plan on using one for online purchases or to log into websites with sensitive data. Many free VPNs are able to provide their free services because they data mine, interpose ads in searches, etc...
Beware of pirating VPNs. You wouldn't pirate a condom?
[An alternative to purchasing your VPN is hosting your own][[This is a search link on Reddit... any clue on how I would rehost this?]] You will have much more flexibility and you can have your VPS hoster outside your country's copyright law jurisdiction.
► Adblockers & useful extensions
- uBlock origin for blocking most ads and pop-ups.
- uBlock-safari port for Safari or MacOS users.
- uBlock origin extra - companion extension for websites that block ad-block extensions (even with Anti-Adblock Killer enabled in uBlock origin). [[Only a google chrome extension link - Any alternatives for more private browsers such as firefox etc?]
- Tampermonkey for installing userscripts.
► Useful userscripts
- Adblock Protector 2 (Non-Chromium) removes warnings about using an adblocker on a website that doesn't allow adblockers. (For non-chromium browsers)
Note: Adblock Protector 2 was chosen instead of AAK-Cont because AAK-Cont has reach end-of-life and it's developer recommends you switch.
- AdsBypasser to skip countdown ads or continue pages and prevent ad pop-up windows.
- AntiAdware to avoid installing unwanted applications downloading with legitimate software (e.g. McAfee with Adobe Flash)
- Get DLC Info From SteamDB automatically creates a DLC list for tools such as CreamAPI, GreenLuma and SmartSteamEmu.
- uBlock Protector (Chromium) similar to Adblock Protector 2. (For chromium broswers)
II. TORRENT CLIENTS
- Deluge - similar to qbittorrent with a different UI some may find clunky.
- Qbittorrent - free open-sourced client. No ads and has a built-in search feature that searches popular public trackers. Consistently updated.
- Tixati - extremely customizable. All menus can be rearranged and color scheme can be changed completely. Many private trackers however may not permit this client to be used.
- Transmission - popular macOS and unix torrent client.
III. TORRENT INDEXERS/SITES
Ordered alphabetically. Make sure your adblocker is on.
- nnm-club.me - Russian tracker and forum.
- rutracker.org - Russian tracker. Great for music.
For a more extensive list, see [this post][[Reddit thread, will rehost soon]] over at /r/torrents
If you have purchased the kindle edition of your book and wish to strip its DRM and export it to .pdf, view this [guide][[Reddit thread, will rehost soon]] on how to deDRM your book.
If the ebook you are searching is available for kindle, you may also [borrow][[Reddit thread, will rehost soon]] the ebook, use the guide, and then return it back.
► Popular sites for books
- Library Genesis - most popular ebook site and provides several mirrors to ebooks including torrents.
- mirror - gen.lib.rus.ec
- b-ok.org - formerly known as Bookzz.
- sci-hub.hk - largest collection of research papers.
- booksc.org - contains scientific articles.
- freebookspot.es - large catalog of ebooks
- audiobookabb.com - #1 site for audiobooks. Shares a lot of content with MAM.
- Hampshire College - several links to free eBook resources.
► Custom Search Engines
- u/Amosqu's CSE - scours in many sites listed above. See his thread here.
- r/Piracy updated ebooks CSE - removed all dead links and added new websites. See here for the contents of the sites it scrapes: https://pastebin.com/aapQMv7t
► Private trackers
- MyAnonamouse a.k.a. MAM - private tracker for ebooks/audiobooks
- bibliotik - private tracker for ebooks/audiobooks
- worldwidetorrents.me - comic section
For a complete listing of popular ebook sites (some defunct), see:
- [/r/trackers/comments/hrgmv/tracker...][[Reddit thread, will rehost soon]]
How to download ebooks off IRC:
- [/r/Piracy/comments/2oftbu/guide..][[Reddit thread, will rehost soon]]
Issues with Calibre? Visit its forum for help/support:
- See Section III & X. Many popular torrent indexers have courses such as Rutracker, 1337x.to, and demonoid.pw.
- freetutorials.us - Udemy, Lynda, Pluralsight courses available via torrents.
- gfxdomain.net - computer graphics design tutorials/courses via fileshosters (some through torrents).
- git.ir - hosts many courses/tutorials from udemy, tutsplus, lynda, etc... Available through direct download links.
- piratepowered.ga - clean Steam-rips.
- Steam Underground - cs.rin.ru - dedicated game piracy forum.
- the-eye.eu - large collection of multi-platform console roms
- emuparadise.me (NDS ROMS, PSP ROMS, PSX ROMS, NES ROMS, SNES ROMS, MAME, WII ROMS, etc...)
- emulation.gametechwiki.com - large wiki with several links to ROM/ISO dumps.
- Vimm's Lair large collection of ROMs
Scene groups do not have official websites. If you find a site using the name of a scene group, they are impersonating them. Beware of these sites; often they may package the release with malware.*
VII. MOVIES/SERIES (streaming)
Make sure your adblocker is on.
- alluc.ee (stream search engine)
- bmovies.is - formerly known as Fmovies
- 123movieshub.to - formerly known as gostream.is
- [r/KissCartoon's extensive anime/manga site wiki][[Reddit thread, will rehost soon]]
For streaming with Kodi, visit r/Addons4Kodi[[How would rehosting this work...?]].
- Deezloader [app] - Download songs from Deezer in 320kbps quality. You can convert your Spotify playlist to a Deezer playlist and download it via Deezloader as well.
Can be found in thepiratebay.org.
- [updated fork with FLAC support can be found here.][[Reddit thread, will rehost soon]]
- Spotify Dogfood [app] - The Spotify Dogfood mod provides an ad-free Spotify experience on Android devices.
- rutracker.org - Russian tracker with an extensive music catalog.
- Redacted.ch - private music tracker. Visit interviewfor.red to join.
- Soulseek - P2P network used for music.
- Youtube-dl - command-line program to download video/audio from Youtube videos and other sites.
- Youtube-dl-gui - GUI for youtube-dl for those not proficient in using the command line.
► Torrent clients
- Flud - free ad-supported client.
- Libretorrent - ad-free open source client. Similar UI to Flud.
- BiglyBT - no nonsense, ad-free, open source client.
► APK download sites
- Mobilism.org - largest forum for pirated apps, games, ebooks, etc...
- onhax.me - similar content to mobilism. Use an adblocker when browsing.
- apkmirror.com - contains untouched and signed release apks. Useful if searching for a prior version of an application.
- apkpure.com - similar to apkmirror.com
- Terrarium TV - movie/series streaming app. "Premium ad-free" versions can be found in mobilism.org
- Mobdro - live streams aggregator (Sports, TV, etc...)
- Spotify Dogfood CORE - Spotify with no ads, skipping, and the ability to choose quality. Can found in mobilism.org
- Fildo - music streaming and download.
- Mobilism for Android - mobilism in an app (apps/games)
- ACMarket - "cracked play store." (apps/games)
- Microsoft Toolkit
- KMSAuto Net
- Windows Loaders
- Universal Adobe Patcher 2.0
Visit the [wiki here][[Reddit thread, will rehost soon]].
- u/Apodacaac has published two very easy to follow 'How to Patch Adobe CC 2017" guides for [MacOS] and [Windows] [[Google drive threads, should probably rehost soon]]
XI. DIRECT DOWNLOAD SITES
- r/Megalinks[[Unsure how to rehost a whole subreddit]] - subreddit dedicated to sharing content in Mega.nz
- warez-bb.org (general)
- http://adit-hd.com - (films/series)
- http://rlsbb.ru - general releases (usually hosted on premium filehosters)
► Misc. apps:
Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool - lightweight program that pulls Windows and Office isos directly from Microsoft's techbench site. All .isos are untouched and safe.
[MegaDownloader][[Reddit thread, will rehost soon]] - Batch download Mega links like IDM or jDownloader. Bypass Mega bandwidth limit completely given you have a VPN or are able to switch IP addresses on the fly.
EZBlocker – Spotify Ad Blocker - lightweight .exe that blocks and mutes Spotify ads on Windows.
► Misc. websites:
- u/wtfdidijustdoshit's [extensive list of must-have Android apps, and Android apk forums.][[Reddit thread, will rehost soon]]
- Squawkr.io - Get notified when a movie releases. You can also set parameters such resolution.
- predb.me - livestream of searchable releases.
- subscene.com (multinlingual subtitles for movies/series)
- addic7ed.com ((multinlingual subtitles for movies/series))
- Free Premium Leechers List - maintained by u/H1dd3nM1nd
- emuparadise.me - NDS ROMS, PSP ROMS, PSX ROMS, NES ROMS, SNES ROMS, MAME WII ROMS, etc...
- Vimm's Lair - large collection of ROMs
► Microsoft stuff:
- [Microsoft .iso torrents] - Digitalriver download links from Microsoft -Untouched Windows 7 .isos
- [Microsoft .iso DDLs] - https://tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php - web interface for Microsoft's techbench site. Windows 8.1+ / Office 2013+.
- [Microsoft .iso DDLs] - https://tb.rg-adguard.net/products.html - Latest Microsoft Products Dump (latest releases)
- [Microsoft .iso DDLs] - Theeye - 2.7 TB back up of MSDN dump. Has lots of hard to find .isos.
Credits to reddit user u/Klappa4Me for doing a lot of the heavy lifting.
For transparency and credit, here's the change-log on the original Reddit thread:
10 days ago dysgraphical (added Android section, RED, few more) 22 days ago dysgraphical (minor formatting fixes) 22 days ago dysgraphical 22 days ago dysgraphical (updated ebook site links) 1 month ago dysgraphical 1 month ago dysgraphical 2 months ago dysgraphical 3 months ago WiFilter 3 months ago WiFilter (Further userscript and ROM edits) 3 months ago dysgraphical (Test edit) 3 months ago dysgraphical (added suggestion thread link to top)[[only applies to original Reddit thread]] 3 months ago dysgraphical (removed DCMA'd ROM link) 3 months ago WiFilter (Added userscripts and roms) 3 months ago WiFilter (Tixati link) 3 months ago dysgraphical 3 months ago dysgraphical 3 months ago dysgraphical (creation of Megathread in Reddit wiki)