For the entirety of my time at raddle, I've been uncomfortable with this forum.
I have a pretty particular critique of mental wellness questions, especially where it's framed in terms of the medical model, i.e. 'health', but including
- a generally nonnormative approach to mental wellbeing,
- an awareness of how pharmaceutical capitalism profits off of our suffering, and the world that this creates,
- Vaneigem's work (here's a quote),
- critiques emerging from people developing on the work of people like Thomas Szasz,
the work of the Icarus Project,
- the antipsychiatry movement as participated in by the likes of Félix Guattari,
- and Foucault's critiques in his books like Madness and Civilization.
And some other things. I wrote a more detailed thing about it some time ago, with quotes and links here.
Anyway, I'd like us to drop the whole "health" thing for a less medicalised word, "wellbeing" - and think we can drop the word "rad" because that can be assumed. What do people think?
[edit: changed wellness to wellbeing after comments from Foss]
[edit 2: added a little for posterity]