I am a white, middle aged, married father of two, good job, great life. And I am a hardcore self scan shoplifter.
It isnt to stick it to the man or poor me on the Cost or to challenge the establishment deciding to replace people with business or any other bullshit. My reasons are simple.
- Because it's so fucking easy.
- Shit I want is more than I want to spend.
- Risk of getting caught is so minimal.
- Allows me to trade or sell off extra shit for things I want.
Why I'm sharing this? Because in three months I've lifted close to $4,000 worth of shit and there's little left to steal atm so why not pass this knowledge on.
Favorite Targets: Wal-Mart by and far the Number One on my list. Meijer Target K-mart (non self checkout..whole other method for a different time)
Methods and Tips:
- Being a white middle aged man doesn't hurt. I know white privledge.
- Dont fuck with things with alarms triggers or have scan tags inside.
- Dont fuck with anything that dont fit in bags. Walmart will almost never check your receipt if your stuff fits in bags. This is a deal breaker.
- Pass around method is fine. Just keep limit within reason.
- Buy enough to make total price appropriate. If you buy 10 things and total is 5 bucks it will be suspicious. You can always return things that actually rang up later.
- Fake barcode scans. Dont photocopy and tape or glue to a package. If they do stop you and find it on the package you are fucked. I simply tape a real one (buy the cheap item and do this off site, dont try to do this at the store. Too much time and risk.)on my palm and scan it instead of more expensive item. Just mix it up. Dont want the same item and price showing up on screen and receipt 5 times in a row.
- Avoid barcode scans that come up as 9 cents or 25 cents to use with #6. To much suspicion.
- Make hauls modest. You don't have the empty a single store in one fell swoop.
- Pick busy busy times or super early or super late. 8 to 5 is wrong time to go.
- Above all else your goal is to avoid contact. Dont loiter. Get in and get out. Avoid interaction if possible. Dont ne rude. Always smile and converse but dont stay ,longer than necessary.
I will be happy to answer any questions within reason.
I'll be updating this post from time to time as a catharsis.
Good luck. Update: 10/20/18
I have added a couple new weapons to the arsenal.
- Buy some things that are a higher prices. Then go to another store and lift those same things. Bag them out of view and continue shopping. If stopped, you have a receipt on hand for the items that you were going to return.
A couple things though.
Decoy- Cameras are everywhere so be smart about it and grab a couple of whatever to are doing this with so if confronted you can easily show where you dropped the decoy or hell just go back to area a couple minutes later and out the decoy back.
Moderation- Rememeber the adage Pigs get fat but Hogs get slaughtered. Dont try to lift it all at one place and time.
Size- as with the rule #3 size matters. If it don't fit in a bag easily under a coat, avoid it.
Single item scan for multiple boxes of same item. This works great on anything that is a multi pack display but is meant for individual sale.
Conceal in something else. I like to combine with #12. Blu rays are perfect for this. Empty box-put in blu-ray-refill box. Just dont take boxes blu rays with alarm obviously. I've been able to completely stock my video library this way. (Game of thrones all seasons, Friday 13th collections, nightmare on elm street collection, the hard collection..the list goes on. Probably. Close to 50 new additions. Remeber the Decoy rule above.
I'll add more as time goes on.